Director Environmental Health & Safety
Drive safety initiatives and implement programs and policies to achieve corporation safety goals. Assure compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding health, safety and the environment. Develop and implement audit programs to achieve corporate and site level compliance for health, safety and environmental programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for recommending and deploying corporate environmental, health and safety policies, programs and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory statutes, rules and regulations including EPA, OSHA and DOT, NRC and their local and international cognates. Develop and manage internal compliance audit programs in these areas to ensure adequacy of operational effectiveness. Provide leadership and coaching to internal EH&S and related company resources to evaluate, identify and reduce the risk of loss to Toro employees and other stakeholders through the application of health, safety and environmental principles and knowledge of laws, rules and regulations.
- Lead the development and implementation of health and safety program for the corporation.
- Provide leadership and direction for internal safety resources to ensure collaboration and sharing of best practices on policies, programs and procedures.
- Assure compliance and continuous improvement of programs, policies and procedures with structured audits, coaching and consultation.
- Implement a documented risk-based compliance auditing assessment schedule, considering criteria including employee population, regulatory climate, complexity of operations, facility location, accident rates, site EH&S resources, extent of facility self-assessments, enforcement activity, and budgetary and other resource constraints.
- Conduct or coordinate reviews of follow up expectations and activities, as appropriate, and track corrective items on agreed timelines to closure.
- Review corrective actions and assure database resources are used effectively at the site level with appropriate oversight and review.
- Drive prevention and risk reduction programs to improve safety and health programs, policies and procedures; provide technical training and awareness of industry practices and changes relating to health and safety.
- Review accident investigations and report to senior management on a monthly basis; provide analysis of trends and concerns and suggest and lead potential improvements.
- Provide periodic communication to senior management on the direction and effectiveness of our health and safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Benchmark other company health and safety practices, programs and structures and review other available techniques and programs to ensure continuous improvement for our health and safety program.
- Develop, implement and audit environmental policies, procedures and programs for the corporation.
- Develop and implement hazardous materials shipping policies, procedures and programs for the corporation.
- Develop and implement radiation safety policies, procedures and programs for the corporation.
- Perform site and program audits to ensure regulatory compliance and recommend engineering and management controls to provide reduced employee exposure to hazards, to contain environmental issues and to promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- Reports to the Vice President, Global Operations.
- Has enterprise-wide responsibility for assigned matters.
- Responsible for seven direct and three indirect EHS professionals.
- Bachelors degree in occupational safety, environmental engineering or related science.
- Technical expert in industrial safety, hygiene and environmental.
- 10 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Masters degree.
- Experience performing in a multi-site environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact, counsel, partner and communicate effectively at all organizational levels, including senior management, operations management and other business and department leaders.
- Results oriented; takes initiative; proactive; hard working.
- Exercise sound judgment, balance business needs and legal requirements, develop and articulate business-minded alternatives and solutions, and achieve business objectives.
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and project management skill.
- Exhibit a professional, enthusiastic, flexible demeanor.
About The Toro Company:
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment, including turf, snow and ground-engaging equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. For over 100 years, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoors, including many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world. Across our strong family of brands, our success is founded on building trusted relationships, creating innovative products and following ethical business practices – ideals shared by our nearly 7,000 employees around the world. With sales of $2.4 billion in fiscal 2015, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted by