Sales Inventory Operations & Planning Manager
Leads a team responsible for The Toro Company’s RLC division sales, inventory, and Operations planning (SIOP) process. Forecasts whole good SKUs sold by RLC comprised of Toro branded consumer and landscape contractor products to Toro distributors, dealer direct and mass partners. Manages and supports the weekly and monthly cadence that coordinates product forecast and production capabilities to ensure that market demand is met. Position is also accountable for monthly and quarterly shipment targets and inventory targets. Assists in the annual plan and quarterly projection process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, support and direct information flow between process constituents and resolve daily divisional SIOP issues stemming from changing customer and retail requirements, including forecast and production capabilities changes, and inventory levels. Requires understanding and utilization of SIOP information tools including Qlikview reports, SAP production and financial reports, as well as written and verbal interaction with RLC sales, marketing and finance personnel, and Operation’s management both in Bloomington and at the manufacturing facilities.
- Manage and support the monthly Plant Pre-SIOP process of giving updates to the various manufacturing facilities relating to their current performance in meeting RLC requirements. Determine appropriate metrics and performance goals and then report against those metrics and goals.
- Manage the monthly divisional SIOP process by leading the business review. Analyze and present performance metrics including plant fill rates, schedule adherence, forecast adherence, production backorder log, days of inventory on hand, by business category, safety stock levels, excess and obsolete inventory status. Make recommendations for corrective action.
- Primary responsibility for reviewing the marketing forecast for whole good SKUs. Directs the team that forecasts, allocates product, liaises with production plants, and allocates SKUs to ensure timely shipment to distributors, dealers and mass customers.
- Prepare ad-hoc requests for information and analysis as requested by management, sales, and marketing.
- Manage, develop and maintain a team of professional staff to fulfill and optimize department responsibilities, provide clear direction, motivation, engagement and career development opportunities.
- Perform other special assignments and duties as may be required.
- Direct management of overall process including a team of three administrative support; team supports RLC financial analysts as it relates to specific product line details.
- Interacts with management and staff personnel at all levels within the division and Operations; includes Bloomington and RLC manufacturing plants.
- Participates on multiple project teams comprised of various staff from numerous disciplines
- Responsible for management of $65-70 Million wholegood inventory..
- Responsible for coordination of $800 Million RLC wholegood Sales plan.
- Scope is all RLC whole goods.
- Travel: minimal travel required.
- Business related Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, required; MBA desired.
- 10+ years of professional experience, to include 8+ years of experience in forecasting & planning and 5+ years of direct people management experience.
- Experience managing a SIOP system within a manufacturer/distributor setting is a strong plus.
- Strong, proven, direct and indirect leadership skills.
- Advanced analytical skill required.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform with a minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong multi-tasking and follow through skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Previous participation in and leadership of cross-functional project teams.
- Global mind-set important: foreign language skills desired but not required.
- SAP experience desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
About The Toro Company:
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment, including turf, snow and ground-engaging equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. For over 100 years, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoors, including many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world. Across our strong family of brands, our success is founded on building trusted relationships, creating innovative products and following ethical business practices – ideals shared by our nearly 7,000 employees around the world. With sales of $2.4 billion in fiscal 2015, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted by