Warranty Product Analyst
Analyzes, coordinates, pursues, and manages vendor recoveries and warranty failure avoidance opportunities as pertaining to specific or global failure issues. Coordinates / performs root cause analysis and champions corrective action. Manages and maintains Return Goods Authorization (RGA) program and aligns returned parts with product quality improvement efforts. Provides reports to aid in the analysis of product warranty failure data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pursues warranty recovery and cost avoidance opportunities.
- Investigates issues where supplier recoveries are not being realized due to issue non-acceptance and takes action.
- Identifies supplier product global performance, evaluates and pursues recovery and cost avoidance opportunities.
- Evaluates global product component and repair performance, reports issues to appropriate product groups.
- Participates in Teams pursuing across product improvement or issue resolution.
- Assist in negotiating Supplier Warranty Agreements to meet Toro requirements.
- Negotiate supplier recovery responsibility levels for product rework and supplier issue corrective action.
- Develops Microsoft Business Intelligence reports to enable statistical analysis of warranty data as it relates to and supports quality analysis, root cause analysis and warranty recovery.
- Develops warranty audit methods that identify errors and miss-application of Warranty Policy.
- Monitors supplier recovery systems to ensure proper receipt of recoveries.
- Manages the Warranty Return Goods Authorization (RGA) process and the supporting warranty system. Ensures appropriate levels of requested parts and that received parts are being retrieved for analysis by responsible owner.
- Manages RGA receiving staff, physical RGA storage, and disposition.
- Obtains warranty parts for root cause analysis and aligns returned parts with product quality improvement efforts.
- Technical Product Managers, Engineering, Product Teams, Supplier, issue investigation.
- Performs preliminary root cause analysis and reports findings. Organizes teams to pursue corrective action,
- Engages with supplier
- Maintains communication with Commercial division Technical Service, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
- Monitors effectiveness and completeness of service fixes, quality updates, and safety reworks through statistical analysis of warranty data.
- Performs root cause analysis. Collaborates with Root Cause Analysis teams.
- Ensures warranty accrual estimates are calculated for potential/deployed field corrective actions. Validates estimate information. Provides Toro Finance with documentation as needed.
- Provides monthly warranty expense and warranty performance reporting.
- Annual travel requirement to 25%.
- International travel may be required at times – must hold or be able to obtain US Passport.
- Report generation, data analysis.
- Root Cause Analysis and reporting.
- Supplier negotiations.
The job position requires a high degree of interaction with persons in technical positions both internal and external and requires the individual to have excellent technical knowledge and experience with mechanical systems such as engines, hydraulics, and electrical. A high degree of focus in measurement of warranty performance data and warranty failure analysis is required. Evaluating failed parts and performing preliminary root cause failure analysis (RCA) and RCA reporting is in task scope. Negotiating warranty recoveries and responsibility levels with suppliers associated with warranty failures is important to the job function.
- Bachelor’s degree in an industrial or technical discipline or experience equivalent.
- 3+ years experience with distributor/dealer distribution systems in (Turf, Auto, Ag, etc.).
- Possess working knowledge of technical repair practices and service shop operations.
- 3+ years experience with statistical analysis and measurement and has worked with related systems and software.
- Experience in the management of warranty recovery efforts.
- Experience in the development and management of failure rate measurement and analysis.
- Good mechanical aptitude with basic understanding of engines, hydraulics, and repair procedures.
- 2+ years experience in component failure root cause analysis.
- Experienced in attaining warranty recoveries.
- Strong negotiation skills
About The Toro Company:
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment, including turf, snow and ground-engaging equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. For over 100 years, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoors, including many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world. Across our strong family of brands, our success is founded on building trusted relationships, creating innovative products and following ethical business practices – ideals shared by our nearly 7,000 employees around the world. With sales of $2.4 billion in fiscal 2015, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted by