MTI Distributing, Inc., a subsidiary of The Toro Company, is the exclusive distributor for Toro commercial and irrigation equipment in Minnesota, North Dakota, Northern South Dakota, Western Wisconsin, Iowa, Western Illinois and Eastern Missouri. As professionals in turf equipment it is our goal to partner with our customers to provide solutions to their equipment needs and to help them to improve their results. We are committed to a standard of performance that sets us apart from our competitors and delivers the best value to our partners.
The Service Technician reports to our Grimes, Iowa location, performing repairs on mowing and turf care equipment. The successful candidate will be an outstanding mechanic with above average diagnostic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical skills.
- Service, diagnose, and repair equipment professionally, accurately, and timely.
- Install necessary parts, check fluid levels, test and assure proper operation.
- Conduct repairs so that units are in and out of the shop in a timely manner.
- Properly set up new equipment, including disposal of crating material.
- Work with service advisors to provide accurate and timely estimates.
- Accurately follow work instructions.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of shop area.
- Safely use forklift.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone or in person by answering customer inquiries about equipment issues.
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work as a team in successfully completing the job.
- Perform other duties as necessary and requested to successfully complete job. Includes seasonal work flow fluctuations.
- Safely and effectively use all service and repair tools: hoist, welder, test equipment, pressure washer, compressors, power tools, etc.
- Provide training to new technicians and support technicians.
Job posted by