Die Cast Supervisor
Supervise employees in a manufacturing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, recommends improvements in die casting methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Persons in this position must possess: a skill level and understanding of die cast processes which allows them to assist in training new personnel in all phases of operations, capability of performing equipment, machinery and process adjustments which enables processes to meet or exceed production quality expectations of Pace, cooperatively works to solve problems and maintains a commitment to continuous improvement of production in the die cast environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assures that die cast employees maintain all process control adjustments on die cast machinery with minimal assistance from leadperson or manufacturing engineering technician.
• Must be able to improve working conditions (safety, quality, productivity, cost) and increase subordinates’ skills and capabilities.
• Must prepare activity plans for the above and discuss with manager.
• Supervises all die cast employees in equipment and machinery operation within shotscope parameters designed to produce acceptable quality levels.
• Trains, develops and supervises staff.
• Performs daily walk-through in inspection of machinery to assure water lines, couplers and hydraulic lines are tight and not leaking.
• Assures employees to keep area clean and organized and work in a manner that is in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Maintains positive morale and balances safety, quality, productivity and cost to achieve positive results and continuously works to improve all areas.
• Must be persistent in documenting work activities performed by die cast employees.
• Provide written or verbal instruction for employees to perform daily preventive machinery maintenance and area housekeeping.
• Participate and perform in a team environment.
• Performs accident investigation.
• Assures employees to maintain proper inventory levels.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job posted by