As a leader within the Global Sourcing team, strive to create a competitive advantage to our business divisions by reducing total cost, improving quality, and increasing delivery reliability in collaboration with suppliers. Toward this mission, formulate and implement sourcing strategies, provide accurate projections, manage cost and variance, strengthen relationships with suppliers, and support the indirect team toward successful completion of these goals through coaching and mentoring.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering results and leading strategic sourcing initiatives including, but not limited to: spend analysis; supply market analysis; supplier analysis; RFP; negotiations, contracting, product lifecycle management, and building business cases that support sourcing teams, acting as a coach, and recommending optimal application of the strategic sourcing process.
- Develop sustainable strategies for moderate to highly complex vendors/categories that includes spend analysis, market considerations, and strategic importance, etc. Evaluate current market conditions on a regular basis and make any necessary changes to support the needs of the Toro Company business. Locate, analyze, and develop a consolidated strategic supplier base to support current and future business needs.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Promote a collaborative, team-oriented approach with direct reports in an effort to continuously improve quality, increase delivery reliability, and reduce supply chain related risk.
- Promote collaboration of sourcing personnel with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Oversee multiple projects managed by indirect sourcing personnel.
- Routinely interact with internal customers in an effort to continuously improve processes, deliverables, and services.
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and focus amongst the sourcing personnel. Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process including the evaluation of existing contracts for savings opportunities and value creation.
- Network with industry group and strive to remain current with industry trends, identify best practices, and lead implementation efforts as needed.
- Responsible for staffing, budgeting, and coaching and development with direct reports.
- All other tasks and assignments as needed and/or requested.
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative/operations offices.
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally 10 – 20%.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Manager, Engineering, Business or related field required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in strategic sourcing with a global supply base; manufact.uring industry preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) or more years of experience in supervising sourcing professionals desired.
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM) C.P.M, CPSM® or CPSM® or APICS CSCP or CPIM professional certifications are preferred or other applicable professional designation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including interpersonal relationship building, team facilitation, coaching and mentoring, performance management, and ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing business strategy; extensive business case/report writing, strong background in market research, and proficient in win-win negotiation strategy and tactics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly and concisely communicate information at multiple levels, adapt easily to change; capable of effective executive management presentations/communications.
- Advanced contracting skills – knowledge of contracting principles, laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, SAP, and Excel.
About The Toro Company:
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment, including turf, snow and ground-engaging equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. For over 100 years, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoors, including many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world. Across our strong family of brands, our success is founded on building trusted relationships, creating innovative products and following ethical business practices – ideals shared by our nearly 7,000 employees around the world. With sales of $2.4 billion in fiscal 2015, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted by