Welder - 2nd and 3rd Shift
Exmark Manufacturing, a division of The Toro Company, has openings for full-time welders on our 2nd shift (2:00 PM - 10:00 PM) and 3rd Shift (10:00 PM - 6:00 AM) at our Beatrice, Nebraska location. A general overview of the position is found below. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Set-up and operate welder to weld all types of materials and products as required by production, by performing the following duties:
- Check inventory to ascertain that all necessary parts and quantities are available, and if necessary, requisition appropriate quantity of items from material handler.
- Select appropriate weld jig. Position and secure piece parts in weld jig. Makes appropriate adjustments to welder for application required.
- Tack and perform quality weld, meeting required specifications and maintaining tolerances. Able to perform smaller weldments.
- Continually strive to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Identify and apply Lean methodologies to ensure processes are scientifically controlled and continuously improved. Willingly perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- All employees must cooperate fully with the safety and environmental programs and obey all safety rules.
- All employees must be able to work in a team environment and fully cooperate with peers.
- All employees must follow all policies and procedures.
- All employees must have regular attendance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 1 year of Welding Experience in a Manufacturing Environment; or an Associates Degree in Welding.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
About The Toro Company:
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment, including turf, snow and ground-engaging equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. For over 100 years, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoors, including many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world. Across our strong family of brands, our success is founded on building trusted relationships, creating innovative products and following ethical business practices – ideals shared by our nearly 7,000 employees around the world. With sales of $2.4 billion in fiscal 2015, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership.
Job posted by