The Irrigation Division, located in Riverside, CA, has an opening for a Software Design Engineer.
The role requires a flexible, self-disciplined individual with strong analytical and technical abilities who has a passion for technology. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them. It is expected that the individual is committed to analyzing existing ideas, systems and processes and improving on them. As a developer you will work closely with other developers and designers to drive the evolution and expansion of our products.
As a .Net developer duties will include designing, programming, building new applications, maintaining existing application; migrating legacy applications to a cloud based solution. Use of a variety of Web development languages is required.
The Software Engineer role will be part of the team working under general supervision, performs tasks associated with the implementation, modification, and debugging of software applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement software architecture and design graphical user interfaces. Test, evaluate, and improve software code. Must be comfortable working in a constantly changing environment requiring a wide range of skills.
- Gather design requirements from internal and external customers
- Participate is setting organizational Web development strategy.
- Create technology Proof of Concept (POC)
- Refactoring existing code to meet requirements for flexibility and maintainability.
- Coordinate software testing and quality assurance with QA Teams
- BS and 4+ years of software development, programming and analytical experience
- Thorough understanding of the current Microsoft development tools such as Visual Studio.
- Experience with application testing principles & frameworks
- Experience with software programming languages including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft C#, ASP.NET, HTML, SQL
- Web Services - XML, SOAP
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Experience
- Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure will be useful
- Work effectively in a team
- Ability to analyze architecture, design and software implementation to identify risk, assess quality and locate defects
- Schedule, organize and complete work in accordance with deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain knowledge of the latest application development technology
- Ability to create, understand and implement technical software specifications and designs
- Actively participates in the review process for detailed software design documents.
- Deliver work in alignment with quality standards
- Resolve Customer Service issues effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work on multiple products/projects with overlapping timeline
- Ability to adapt technology solutions to changing business need and goals
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted by