Die Cast Trim Press Operator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support die cast operator in the production of good quality parts to meet standards.
- Must be capable of operating hydraulic trim press, keep the cast conveyor unloaded and to prepare castings for shipment and/or secondary operations.
- Manually remove gates and runners as defined in work instructions and inspect as required to assure product quality.
- Operate trim presses to remove excess metal as defined in work instructions, properly inspect as required to assure product quality and identify and tag parts per instruction sheets.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs., reach and lift moderately heavy parts—up to several hundred repetitions per shift.
- Train to assist in die changes and set-ups as needed per set-up sheets and verbal instruction.
- As position demands—stand, bend and/or twist a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Required to complete paperwork associated with the job.(time card, machine card, production records, charts, preventive maintenance records, etc.)
- Work in a safe manner, so not to endanger self or co-workers. Report unsafe conditions.
- Wear required personal protective equipment.
- Capable and willing to work overtime.
- Participate in training programs deemed necessary by the company.
- Perform other associated duties, functions or work as may be needed or assigned to continue the productive operation of the company.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
Job posted by